Sunday, March 16, 2008

KTF-Show

link: view the article

KTF sweped the top brand and advertising awards in 2007 for its fabulous launch of SHOW. The first advertisement aired on TV was about sperm swimming toward an ovum in an womb. This included a message "The show begins in March - a show never seen and everyone has been waiting for."("세상에 없던, 세상이 기다리는 쇼가 온다.") This stimulated viewers' curiosity so that everybody was curious about what this ad means.


KTF's creative and innovative strategy appealed to the people, and this brought a huge success in the mobile market to KTF. In April, KTF overtook its rival SK telecome, by having over 300,000 3G subscribes.


I remember when I first saw this advertisement on TV. At that time, I was watching television with my family. Seeing the numerous sperm swimming toward an ovum and the message saying "The show begins in March - a show never seen and everyone has been waiting for", my father said "What is that commercial for? I can't ever find out." Not only my father, but maybe everybody who has watched the commercial was so curious about what the advertisement means. This strategy stimulating people's curiosity made people have steady attention to the commercial, and the "Show" itself. When launching totally new product or brand, I think it will be very helpful to make people have curiosity by hiding or not telling them the real site of it.

(20300194 RYU JI HYUN)

No comments: